Veronica and most of my boys love this, even when I put vegetables in it. (I will try to remember to take pictures next time I make this)
- 16 oz of pasta
- 1 lb of smoked sausage
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of italian dressing
- Start boiling a pot of water
- Cook up/brown sausage (I like to cook it until it is somewhat crispy) Note: you want this to be done before your pasta is done so the sausage has a chance to cool
- Put pasta in boiling water either before the sausage is done or when it is almost done. Cook pasta according the the directions.
- Once pasta is done, drain and run under cold water until cooled off.
- Add the well drained pasta to a large bowl.
- Add the sausage into your bowl, drippings and all.
- Add the parmesan cheese and make sure everything is well mixed.
- Add the italian dressing and mix once again
- Eat now or fully chill before eating.
- Use ground sausage instead of smoked sausage. (this is Veronica's favorite) Note: I find that spicy sausage does not work well with this
- Add in chopped vegetables. (I like to add head of broccoli chopped very small along with some shreaded carrots.)